Login Forums Club Lanza Info Members Forum New Member Introduction New Member Introduction Reply To: New Member Introduction

PETER R
Participant

Hi I’m Pete and my wife Sue and I have a villa in Playa Blanca. We live most of the year in Lancashire, England.
We first visited Lanzarote in 2004, hiring a car for two weeks and explored the island. We had been looking for our “place in the sun”, but on our second visit to Lanzarote in February 2007 we realised that this was the place for us and we started jotting down names of estate agents to follow up on line when we got home. We came back that September, saw 30+ properties in Playa Blanca and our purchase went through on 1 April, 2008.
When we first bought we were still working (me as an IT manager in a very large public sector organisation, Sue as a civil servant), and thus limited as to how much time we could spend here, so we started to rent out our villa for holiday rentals through a well-known company in the town. The villa had potential – the rental income helps to pay for it! We set up the villa with everything we wanted from a holiday home, and it’s great to see that guests really appreciate the extra effort that we have put in.
Now we are both retired and so spend about 18 weeks here a year; it would be more but grandchildren have also come along, and so we help out with school holidays!
We still love the island and showing it off to friends and family.